Feedback was collected anonymously from participants at the end of each course or workshop.
ECOPOETRY (one-day workshop), 29 Oct 2022, Millennium Court, Portadown
100% of participants strongly agreed that their objectives for the workshop had been met.
- “The content was excellent. The time flew. It was a super way to spend a Saturday.”
- “I cannot wait to have Mary back at Millennium Court. I love her knowledge and method of teaching.”
- I thoroughly enjoyed the day and would recommend it to others. Thank you.”
- “More, more, more!”
POETRY OF BIRDS (one-day workshop), 28 May 2022, Crescent Arts, Belfast
- “I enjoyed the safe, positive, encouraging, affirming support from Mary and the group.”
- “Enjoyed the writing exercises”
- “Loved the variety of poems and your knowledge of birds.”
- “Beautiful selection of poems which I enjoyed looking at closely.”
- “Loved it. Thank you so much”
ECOPOETRY (one-day poetry workshop), 14 May 2022, Crescent Arts Centre
- “loved the wide range of poems and material covered”
- “Really liked it! Loved the mix of theory, examples, and our own writing”
- “Loved all of it!”
- “Please do more poetry workshops on different themes!”
SPRING AWAKENING (one-day poetry workshop). 19 Feb 2022, MarketPlace, Armagh
- “… teaching, guidance, passion for poetry, structure was perfect. Length of day was ideal also”
- “Excellent workshop”
- “Very coherently structured. Well organised, informative and creative. Very enjoyable and encouraging day”
- “Really enjoyed”
SPRING AWAKENING (one-day poetry workshop). 22 Feb 2020, Crescent Arts Centre, Belfast
- “Really enjoyed”
- “I enjoyed the sharing and discussion”
- “I enjoyed all parts. Getting practice at writing was important and satisfying”
- “Very rich and engaging”
THE PLEASURES OF POETRY (weekly poetry course, 1 May to 26 June 2019), Crescent Arts Centre, Belfast.
- “really enjoyed developing my work”
- “Excellent class”
- “The in-class and take-home exercises challenged me to try new things. Workshopping was very helpful. The selected readings were great!”
- “So much variety”
- “Really enjoyed”
- “Mary’s energy and enthusiasm and her joyful relationship with poetry made this a totally joyful class”
THE POETRY OF NATURE, Four week course, Tuesday, 10am-12pm, 27 February 2018 until 20 March 2018, Crescent Arts Centre, Belfast.
All participants who returned feedback strongly agreed that their objectives for the workshop had been met.
- “This was a super class.”
- “Such an enjoyable four weeks.”
The Poetry of Birds, one day workshop, 10am-4pm, Saturday 10 March 2018, Crescent Arts Centre, Belfast.
All participants strongly agreed that their objectives for the workshop had been met.
- “So much interesting material, audio excellent and visuals too; superbly well-delivered. Lots of laughter!’
- ‘Fabulous workshop.’
- ‘Loved all the poetry.’
- ‘Greatly enjoyed the writing exercises’
READING & WRITING NATURE POETRY, one-day workshop:
- 10am- 4pm, Saturday, 25 March 2017, Crescent Arts Centre, Belfast
- 10am-4pm, Saturday 18 November 2017, MarketPlace Theatre & Arts Centre, Armagh.
For each workshop, all participants strongly agreed that their objectives had been met.
- “I enjoyed being introduced to poems I hadn’t read before and new insights gained.”
- “I enjoyed all aspects of the course.”
WRITING POETRY, 4 week course, Stranmillis College Belfast, Nov-Dec 2016:
- “Excellent course in structure and content. Everything got the right balance.”
- “I loved the whole ambience.”
ADVANCED POETRY, one-day workshop at: MarketPlace, Armagh, 3 Dec 2016; and at the Crescent Arts Centre Belfast, 20 May 2017.
- “I really enjoyed the day and it flew by. Loved the tutor’s style and pace.”
- “Great workshop, done with gentle sensitivity.”
- “I came with no expectations. I left with an energy and enthusiasm to explore and write poetry.”
- “I found the critique of our own work very beneficial.”
SIGNS AND WONDERS: READING AND WRITING THE POETRY OF BIRDS, 6-week course, Stranmillis College, Belfast, April-May 2016:
- “Opened my mind to so many more aspects of poetry and writing”
- “I enjoyed every single aspect of the course”
- “A brilliant inspirational course. More please!”
- “The course was run in an inclusive and encouraging way so that we felt able to contribute our comments and own poems and these became an important part of it. There was helpful rather than negative criticism.”
POETRY WRITING, one-day workshop, MarketPlace, Armagh, 6 Feb 2016:
- “Excellent material. Excellent delivery. A great day. Thank you”.
- “Very enjoyable. An excellent introduction to poetry”.
- “Felt I wanted the day to be longer. Thanks, I am so inspired and hopeful”.